Students - Student Work / Literature Showcase Project
Literature Showcase Project – Character Study
Our literature showcase project presentation dates will be May 5/6 and May 12/13.
Some examples of student showcase projects:
Literature Showcase Presentations
Intermediate: Tuesday, May 5, at 11:00 or Wednesday, May 6, at 11:00
Primary: Tuesday, May 12, at 11:00 or Wednesday, May 13, at 11:00
You will get an email from your class teacher (RWT or Words and Numbers or Kindergarten) telling you which day you will be presenting.
We will use Google Meet. If you have not participated in a training session for Google Meet, you will need training first (required).
- Intermediate training: Monday, May 4, at 11:00
- Primary training: Monday, May 11, at 11:00
Here’s how you will present
Prior to the presentation (By Monday, May 4, for Intermediate; by Monday, May 11, for Primary):
- You will send a photo of your character picture (with quote and traits) to your teacher to share on the screen.
During your presentation:
- The photo of your character picture will be showing on the screen while you talk.
- Give the title/author of your book.
- Give 2 or 3 traits of your character (Grades 1-5), or give some theme words (Grades 6+), and read the quote (Grades 3+)
- Choose 1 (primary) or 2 (intermediate) questions to read.
- Answer questions from the audience.
Your photo of the character picture with quote and traits will be posted online so everyone can enjoy your project. If you choose, send your answers to all of your questions to your teacher so they can also be posted online.
Our Hume Park Learning Centre offers a safe place to meet others and learn in group settings. To supplement learning at home, we offer classes covering a variety of topics, integrating language arts, science or social studies, as well as the arts and PE. We use homework, hands-on math activities and our showcase projects to share and connect learning between home and the Centre.